The theme for this year’s Black History Month is “Proud To Be”.
Individual and group projects representing “Proud to Be” are welcomed. We invite students across the Trust to portray what they are proud to be. For example, Proud to Be Black, Proud to Be Brown, Proud to Be Black & LGBTQ+, Proud to Be Me. The campaign aims to make Black History Month 2021 personal and unique to everyone, focusing on how we’re all making history all the time in our own ways.
Here’s what you need to know:
• Create a piece of original artwork on the theme of: “Proud to be”.
• Click the button to submit your artwork by Friday 22nd October 2021. • A judging panel made up of Trust Teachers will select their favourite pieces. All pieces submitted will feature in our online show. • Awards will be announced online from Tuesday 2nd November 2021.
• Images of students’ work may be included in future advertising or media publications to promote the exhibition. • Artwork can be submitted as an individual project, a group project or a class project.
• Accepted Media Includes: Paintings/Drawings/Collage.
• Photography (digital, black & white, colour). • Audio/Video (animation, documentary, narrative, radio) Limited to 2 minutes. • Graphic Art (drawing, painting, computer graphics, etc.). • 3D (papier-mâché, sculpture, quilting, etc.).
• Written (poetry, script, spoken word, comedy).
How to submit your artwork:
• Please submit original work.
• One entry per person.
• If you have made a physical piece of work (such as a painting/sculpture) please submit a clear photo of your artwork for judging in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entries must be submitted with a short paragraph explaining why you have chosen to create your representation this way and how it reflects the “Proud to be” BHM message.
LAUNCHES: Monday 4th October | CLOSES: Friday 22nd October
Follow the link the for more details: https://buff.ly/305Aq5m